Tuesday, March 18, 2014

BIG NEWS: The Peanuts teaser trailer has arrived!!


I suppose I should have seen this coming, considering Rio 2 is only a couple weeks away.  But I'm glad I didn't, because what a pleasant surprise!!!  A couple images and a trailer for this film, set to debut in November 2015, were released this morning.  So what did I think?




Visually, I think this looks INCREDIBLE.  It looks so much more amazing than anything I could have imagined!  It's like a perfect blend of traditional, stop motion (in that movements look very stop-motion to me), and computer animation.  They perfectly captured Shulz's style in the characters and the backgrounds and even kept the classic animation style from the old television specials, which must have been incredibly difficult to animate.  I love how warm the colors are and how they kept the hyper-realism to a minimum.  Snoopy even has fur!!  I personally love seeing the translation of an artist's unique drawing style to the 3D world, and the crew for this film so far has really delivered.  Blue Sky's films have always looked great, but this is a new high for them.  It's simple, yet charming!
 


I may be completely in love with the visuals, but I still have concerns about the story.  So far, we know nothing, which isn't anything unusual considering the film is over a year and a half away.  If I'm being truly honest, I haven't been impressed with any of the stories Blue Sky has brought us since the first Ice Age, which was what, over 10 years ago?  And considering this film is directed by the same guy who brought us Ice Age 3: Continental Drift, that leaves me very, very worried.

However, this trailer has given me hope.  When this film was announced last year, I had zero excitement whatsoever.  Now, I'm pumped!!!  I can't wait to see more!

1 comment:

  1. How was Ice Age 3 by the way? I never got a chance to watch it. I loved Ice Age 2, though.

    ReplyDelete