Sunday, March 2, 2014

This is where the fun begins...

Welcome to my blog!

When I was a kid, I tried keeping a diary a few times but could never keep up with it.  I didn't know what to talk about, since I always found the usual "here's what I did today" and "this is how I'm feeling today" type of entries to be so boring.  About this time last year, I finally hit upon the idea of blogging about animation because once I get started, I can't stop talking about animation!  It's the thing I love most.  I genuinely love everything about it, and this seems like a good outlet for me to share my thoughts with other animation fans.

So what will I be talking about?  Well, for starters, reviews.  Mostly movie reviews, but I do plan on reviewing animated television series as well as books.  There will also be the occasional rant.  There's some popular topics that I have some very strong opinions on and will be discussing sooner or later.  For example, I'm planning a rant in defense of the Disney Princesses.  And, of course, animation news!  I'll be blogging about news mostly on the major American Studios, and if I see something interesting, on foreign animation as well.  I'm also hoping to discuss some animation history from time to time and you can also expect Top 10 lists to pop up as well.

So to start off, this week I'll be talking about the upcoming Season 6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the news that the entire Clone Wars show, all 6 seasons, will be coming to Netflix on March 7.  Starting next weekend, I'm going to kick off a "Countdown to Star Wars: Rebels" by reviewing every single Clone Wars episode before the new Star Wars animated series from Lucasfilm animation starts up in the fall.

And of course, Mr. Peabody & Sherman debuts next weekend as well!  So I'll be seeing that, and I'm hoping to dig up a little history on the classic Mr. Peabody & Sherman series, since it's something that I really know nothing about.

That's it for now!  Feel free to explore the other pages; There's a lot of cool links to look at and I've set up an animation calendar for the year with links to trailers and IMDB pages for your convenience.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment