Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Clone Wars, New Trailers, Pixar's "Party Central," and that Wascally Wabbit

Lots of little bits of news to talk about here!!  It's amazing how much stuff can pile up over a few days.  So let's get to it!


First off, The Clone Wars!  I binge watched the episodes on Friday (I waited a whole year for those, there was no way I was waiting any longer), and let me tell you, they are AMAZING.  Just a reminder, I'll be kicking off my Clone Wars in review series sometime in a the next few days starting with Season 2 Episode 16: "Cat and Mouse", which is chronologically the first story in the Clone Wars timeline.  In the meantime, the supervising director of the Clone Wars (now producer of the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels) Dave Filoni has put up a thank you post to the fans of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on the official Star Wars blog.  It's a very nice thank you, and it's accompanied with some lovely sketches drawn by Dave during the last Clone Wars writer's meeting.  For me, it's really...sad, and bittersweet, and at the same time a little upsetting to see teases of these great stories they had left to tell us, and may never get to tell us.  Time will tell.  The best way to get these stories to see the light of day is to watch lots of the Clone Wars on Netflix.  Money talks!

Stop motion animation studio Laika released another trailer for The Box Trolls this past weekend, and it's finally starting to look interesting to me.  I mean, don't get me wrong, it's visually stunning, but the first trailer did nothing to get me interested in the story and the second trailer was more about showing off the crazy details that go into creating puppets and sets for a stop motion film.  This one still doesn't give any real clues as to what the story is, but I'm more intrigued now than I was before.  It helps having a really catchy song, too!



And we finally have a look at the Dreamworks film Almost Home (formally known only as "Home"), coming this winter.  After watching it, I can definitely say it was amusing (though not all the jokes landed for me), but I am still not crazy about the design of those aliens.  It's really going to take some getting used too.  I do really like the vivid colors in the environments and the spherical design of their ship.



The trailer for the image below, however, is the one I'm most excited about.  This trailer is for the film called Beast of Burden, not to be confused with Reel Fx's in-development film Beasts of Burden.


It's being developed by Huhu Studios in New Zealand and is directed by TV writer/animation director Kirby Atkins (of Jimmy Neutron fame).  I really love the new take on the familiar anthropomorphic animal plot, and the film seems to be shaping up to be something really beautiful.  You can watch the trailer here on the film's website: http://www.beastofburdenmovie.com/trailer.html

And a new clip has been released for the upcoming Monsters, Inc short Party Central that will be attached to the upcoming Muppets movie, which will be released into theaters next week.  I love Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University, and I'm excited to see more mischief from a younger Mike and Sulley.  The first clip is newer and the second clip was released a few weeks prior.





And to top off this news post, Cartoon Network revealed their upcoming slate of new programs and guess what was on the list?


None other than Bugs Bunny!  According to Animation Scoop, the new show, simply called Wabbit, will feature the hysterical and mischievous Bugs Bunny we know and love as opposed to the the Bugs Bunny we saw in the Looney Tunes show, who was much more reserved.  All I have to say is FINALLY. I have missed the mischievous Bugs Bunny and I will definitely be tuning in to this show! 

That's it for today; keep an eye out for reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Mr. Peabody & Sherman!

1 comment:

  1. After hearing that Echo is alive, I hope we can see him somewhere in animated form again!

    ReplyDelete